It is only Tuesday too. Oh well. So. Things I have learned so far....
1. I will wk 8-5 but can flex out my lunch at 30 mins instead of an hour, flex dr's appts etc.
2. I do not get to wear scrubs - we are looking at khakis, cords, polos and sweaters.
3. I do NOT get an office (sniff) but I have a 3 sided cube in an office w/ about 6 people but I do have my back to a set of windows that I can open if I get hot. So I can still put up some pics. We have our own baby fridge and microwave.
4. My boss is very nice and very excited to get me started.
5. My brain is a bit overwhelmed from all the info in the last few days.
6. KU Med has about 10,000 people on campus every day.
7. I do get to park in the yellow lots for free (for those of you who wonder, yes they're the farthest away.)
8. The KU Med center has 66 cops/security officers that patrol everywhere --- so that should make those of you worrying about me wking in downtown feel better.
9. (Darn, I'm running out of facts and I wanted to do 10!) Ummm OH! I have to call in at least 3hrs ahead of my clock-in time....... we'll have to see if my mgr agrees w/ that. That info came from the nurse supervisor (apparently I'm part of the nursing dept even tho I'm not a nurse and no contact w/ patients.)
10. OH! MOST IMPORTANT!!!! I get Thnksgvg and the day AFTER off PAID!!! So I think I might go to Joplin. :-) However I do have to wk Christmas Eve.
So that's what I've learned so far, prayers for my energy level and car would be appreciated. I had a nail in the tire this morning --- so did mom. So I dropped her at wk and drove the van. Dad fixed it but I'm hoping that's the end of my car drama.