Monday, December 29, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
We're supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow in my county today - yippee. Ok, not really since we drive out tomorrow but I'm sure we'll be find. I'm posting this with all appropriate hesitancy -- but my car "appears" to be fixed. It didn't make the noise last night .... we'll see. I think it'll take some time before I actually believe it! :-)
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Sunday we go to the melting pot (yippee!) w/ mom, Kt, Chad (I think) and Moni and MICHAEL! I finally get to meet this VERY IMPORTANT PERSON! Stay tuned for updates! :-)
Friday, December 5, 2008
I'm headed to KC for about 3 wks on Sunday. Going to get a crown to fix my awful root canal, go Christmas shopping, and see everyone so that when my honey comes down we can head to Joplin for Christmas and then drive back to NY (oh goodee.) I think I'll drug my "passenger" so I can drive in peace.
Ha. The early show is going to do a piece on "weddings cheaply" - who wants to bet that their definition of cheap doesn't come CLOSE to our's, Kt?!?!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
We're having decent weather, it's cold but no more snow. The parts of our town that are high up on the hill still have a lot of snow on the ground but down here in the valley we're all dry. The jobsite is a mud-pit - the guys come home just caked in it up to their knees! Lets hear it for lots of laundry!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I actually have a temp assignment (and by "temp" I mean 3 days). Friday, Monday and Wednesday at an orthotics office. Friday I train, Mon and Wed I fill in for the front desk lady who wants off for the holiday. It'll at least pay for the up-coming root canal.....
My personal training is going great. I think I'm going to do another set of sessions. Not much weight loss yet but my clothes fit better which is nice.
I have an infected tooth (thus the root canal) that is driving me INSANE and prevents me from talking much....I think my husband is enjoying that side effect........
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Mom was on the hunt (for wood for the fire). When suddenly .... on the stair.... there it was. A spider, but not just ANY spider, nono, this was a MONSTER spider. JAWS of steel, legs of iron, too many eyes to count. Even the mighty hunter who crushes most spiders life out barehanded shudders. Not this spider, no bare feet near this spider nopenopenope. When suddenly the hunter realizes.... she has a WEAPON! The can of Off that she uses before going on her walks is sitting tantalizingly near..... So, the mighty hunter grabs the can, meanwhile the spider sits perfectly still. He has no inkling of his impending doom........
CRACK!!!!!! He's dead.
That's our mom - keeping the house safe from spiders in our absence.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
So, here are some pictures that I took while my parents were here visiting. The surrounding towns are having a competition with scarecrows and I thot this one was really good! It's just down the road.
This is a "fuzzy" tree that is across the street - we have decided this is what they make "blankie" out of Katie - so when your's wears out we'll have to get you a "blankie tree"!
I think this was the most beautiful tree we saw while my parents were here - it was in the Ft Niagara park and it was standing all alone, showing off its' finery - isn't it amazing!!!!!!
Here's Daddy standing down by the edge of Lake Ontario. It was SOOOOOOO cold near the lake but the weather wasn't too bad the rest of the time - highs in the middle 50's which was nice considering how much walking we did.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Have a great weekend!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
My sister is going skydiving today - she has got to call me immediately afterward. My husband seems sure that she'll have a heart attack. We'll see :-).
Friday, September 26, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Look!!!! I had a visitor this afternoon!! His name is "Herman". He wasn't interested in the raspberries I threw him (I don't blame him, I didn't want them either since a few were molding, even tho the ones I threw him weren't.) He just came down for a drink of water in a puddle next to the tree. He was so cute!!! Just had to share. Herman said to tell you all hi - this is the best pic I had - he kept moving so most of them were blurry. :-)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? One of his movies or his new Cabella's hunting Wii game.
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Salad?? No salad - no rabbit food at all!
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? Veggies, almond pastry, most pasta, calzones (oh you said one, sorry).
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? rum and coke....for me. Water for him.
5. Where did he go to high school? CJ
6. What size shoe does he wear? hold on, I have to go look....10
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Odd golf pictures
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? plain turkey and bread
9. What would he eat every day if he could? regular Lay's chips or ice cream/choc chip cookies
10. What is his favorite cereal? Frosted Flakes
11. What would he never wear? the heavy sweaters he looks so good in, I'm hoping for a VERY cold winter.......
12. What is his favorite sports team? St Louis Cardinals
13. Who is his best friend? ???
14. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? Collect "stuff"
15. How many states has he lived in? 3
16. What is his heritage? Polish
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? No cake, apple pie!
18. Did he play sports in high school? Ha, what DIDN'T he play, soccer, golf, baseball etc.
19. What could he spend hours doing? Working out, complicated lego designs, playing Wii
Monday, September 22, 2008
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds of course
3. What was the last show you saw at the cinema? House Bunny (again, don't blame me I didn't choose it)
4. What is your favorite TV show? Anything on Animal Planet/Discovery Health, NCIS, Criminal Minds
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Cereal (which I ran out of this morning so I treated myself to an orange roll - thank you mom!)
6. What is your middle name? Kay
7. What food do you dislike? Rasians (sneaky little pipsqueaks look like choc chips!!)
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Chris Rice piano music when scrapping/Sugarland when driving
9. What kind of car do you drive? 07 Hyundai Tiburon
10. Favorite sandwich? Peanut butter!
11. What characteristic do you despise? snobbiness
12. Favorite item of clothing? "cuddle clothes"
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Somewhere skiing, England
14. Where would you retire? NY maybe?
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Not a clue
16. Furthest place you are sending this questionnaire? depends on who reads it!
17. Person you expect to send it back first? Got me...
18. When is your birthday? July
19. Morning person or a night person? Morning
20. What is your shoe size? 6.5
22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Nope, except that my hair is driving me batty - oh wait, there's nothing new OR exciting about that. nope not a thing.
23. What did you want to be when you were little? a teacher, which just goes to show that children are idiots.
24. How are you today? better than yesterday!
25. What is your favorite flower? Gerber daisies I suppose
26. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? the next day someone comes to visit me!
27. What are you listening to right now? dishwasher, my "barking", washing machine
28. What was the last thing you ate? lunch
29. Do you wish on stars? nope, usually not awake to see them :-)
30. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? dark blue
31. How is the weather right now? Sunny and about 63
32. Last person you spoke to on the phone? dr's office
33. Favorite soft drink? Dr. Pepper and it's SO RARE HERE!
34. Favorite restaurant? something I don't have in lewiston (downside of having company, I hit every resteraunt in town....)
35. Hair color? A shade of brown
36. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Little Pony
37. Summer or winter? whatever I'm not in at the moment.
38. Chocolate or Vanilla? depends
39. Coffee or tea? Coffee!
40. When was the last time you cried? yesterday
41.What is under your bed? baskets of clothes, some of josh's school books, small tote bags and who knows what else. MAYBE MY MISSING BLANKETS!! Nope, looked there already.
42. What did you do last night? Argued with anyone and everyone including the TV.
43. What are you afraid of? spiders, bugs of any sort really that don't understand to STAY OUT of my house, feeling psychotically moody
44. Salty or sweet? sweet.
45. How many keys on your key ring? 3
47. How many years at your current job? job? what's a job?? (Sorry ladies, couldn't resist)
48. Favorite day of the week? Sunday - one predictible day of the week my husband is around.
49. Do you make friends easily? Depends on if they're the type of person to appreciate me or if I have to fake being someone else....
50. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes, I may need to use it against them later in life…hahahaha……Just kidding.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
So, to those of you who are still reading my (very boring) blog lately - what small things make you happiest. (Keep in mind christmas is coming and I need ideas, someone told me we have less than 100 days left to shop in!)
Monday, September 15, 2008
Here are Gpa and Martha on the bridge headed into Canada. Aren't they sweet!!! I picked them up on Thursday and we began a whirlwind 3 day tour of the area. On Thursday I took them to eat at the Silo overlooking the Niagara River. Gpa even avoided the icecream they sell since we were headed to the "Maid of the Mist" boat tour.
This is poor Gpa dealing with the giant blue plastic raincoat on the boat tour. We all agreed they must have made them out of old WalMart bags!! They were huge and the boat wasn't very full so they kept trying to blow up over our heads. Gpa took out his hearing aids and glasses so he could enjoy the trip. He was soooooo excited he could barely stand still (oh wait, maybe that was the rocking boat). Oh well, they had a great time (and so did I since I hadn't been on it before) and Gpa considered it a good excuse to hang onto Martha - have to make sure she doesn't fall! :-P
Later we walked all the way up and around the American falls. I had so much fun watching Gpa and Martha - they were having a wonderful time. Gpa could stand in the same place for 20 mins just watching the water churn and surge in and around the rocks. They were very excited to see the rainbow pictured above. Gpa said that if this was all they got to do on their trip that it would have been worth it.
Those of you who know Gpa can probably guess why we have this lovely picture. He kept seeing change laying in and around the water and insisted that if Martha and I would just "do our part" and hold onto his legs he could reach that and go stick his hand in the falls etc. Apparently we are just "wet blankets" because every time he said something like that Martha would get a tighter grip on his jacket and I'd shoot him dirty looks. For those of us who've heard the funny tape say it with me "Martha -- I'm goin for it!"
Well this was just the first day of pictures. My husband took some video of the fireworks which were so pretty. We saw those on Friday night and then went over to explore the Canadian falls in the daylight on Saturday. We walked ourselves into exhaustion on the three trips I must say. We ate pizza and chocolate until we nearly made ourselves sick (all Gpa's fault --- he was trying to make sure Martha was happy). :-) I took them to all my favorite places in town, Gpa and Martha really seemed to love Lewiston. We went out with some work people Friday night before the fireworks, got to visit the popcorn store and Chip and Dip even made an appearance.
And now I must relate the things we said after the company left. My honey said "I don't know that I've ever seen your Gpa so happy. He was grinning from ear to ear and laughing more than I've ever seen." I told him I have faint memories of years ago when Gma was still healthy and Gpa being that happy. However that was a LONG time ago and it's been years since I've heard him laugh so much. I must say the two of them were the cutest couple ever. They would sit in my backseat and whisper to each other and laugh and held hands all the time. And then of course there were the times where I had to call Gpa's name when going around corners in case they were being a bit more friendly! :-) I have not laughed so much in 3 days time as I did with Gpa and Martha. Despite some confusion on whether doors were open or closed, Gpa forgetting his birth cert. so it had to be overnighted and watching the weather to keep track of the hurricane due to Martha's family being in TX I think all had a great time. And as predicted- I slept almost all day yesterday --- which is of course the sign of a truly satisfying week. :-)
Monday, September 8, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
So instead on Saturday we did a 6.5 mile ride down the river road he found - it was soooooo pretty, cool enough to be comfortable and nice smooth road with beautiful houses on one side and the river on the other to admire. Then today we drove further down the same road to Youngstown - we found there was a huge grassy area that runs out to Lake Ontario next to the Ft. Niagara. It was sooooooooo pretty and peaceful. We walked several miles around the park - I'm DEFINTELY going to have to drive Gpa and Martha down there. Of course we forgot the camera --- go figure but it was a nice break anyway.
Friday, August 29, 2008
There is a chance of showers today so I'm not sure if I'm going job-hunting or not. I refuse to traipse around in the rain w/ my resume's and it's too hard in this town to do it by car.... (how odd is that to say after a month in KC!) I dearly love being home - I didn't expect this place to feel like home quite so quickly.
We're talking about touring around Toronto over the weekend - some of the others are going camping and that is by NO way of measuring something that sounds like fun to me. :-) The city is having it's annual air show, an Iams dog show that sounds amusing and a Medieval dinner/show thing. Yay! Sounds likes lots of fun to me. Hope you all have as much fun this weekend!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
2. My own bed (and pillows, and sheets etc)
3. My own closet (in other words I'm not wearing the same 3 outfits repeatedly.)
4. It's COLD this morning - yippee!!!!! 63 today with a high of 75 - yay!!
Well those are the major things so far. I'm still really sleepy this morning, never did get a nap yesterday after getting up at 3:45 am to make the airport on time. The new meds the dr gave me TOTALLY cured the airplane motion sickness - yay! I slept like the dead and fully intend to nap more today! I'm enjoying cable (sorry mom) - especially my animal shows. I have been learning from them tho - I worked on training my parents dog Jack some while I was home - even mom was impressed at how much better he got. Hopefully dad keeps it up (hint hint.) Considering how hyper he can get, the fact that I could set a piece of ckn in front of his nose, then back way up and he wouldn't get it till I told him I could is very rewarding! (Makes me miss my Grace tho.... - imagine how much more impressive it would be with a dog my size!) :-)
My husband rearranged the living room while I was gone, which turned out very well (and no I'm not surprised at all.... haha). It makes better use of the space and keeps my couch away from the heater that runs along one wall. If I get energetic today (yeah right) I'll post a new picture. Haven't seen the new road Josh found to ride on - maybe I can find it tonite.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Well today we are supposed to can tomato juice for Gpa and make a triple batch of almond pastry. So I suppose I"ll be nice and busy. (Thus the reason for the dog walks, hopefully they'll sleep all day!)
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
P.S. Why do they take your license when you get a new one? The NY DMV took my MO one, then my husband wants my old MO license #.....thank heaven for my old work taking a photo copy!!
Monday, July 28, 2008
I'm running around doing laundry and laying out clothes today for my trip back home (and to Joplin). I'll be gone for 3 wks and will attempt to post something during that time but no promises -- especially since I'll be visiting those who read my blog! :-) Yay for family, friends and scrapping lessons! :-P
Saturday, July 26, 2008
2. What are three things you could do without? Spiders, birds that sound like injured cats, runny noses.
3. What are three things you are thankful for? Cool weather, email, friends/family
4. If you could, would you quit your job? Well not working at the moment and getting bored, however if I didn't have to work I think I would be able to volunteer and have a ball doing that. (Especially at an animal shelter!)
5. If you were to leave today, where would you hit the road to? MO!
6. If it’s the last thing I do, I’m going...skiing while I live up north here!
7. What three things do you think of when you think of Saturday? Will my honey have to work this weekend, fewer people on email, yay for weekends!
8. What three things are you terrible at?-Writing interesting blogs, tracking my cell minutes, math of most any sort.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
I met more really nice people yesterday. I went to the chiropractor (awesome adjustment) and his office lady was SO nice and told me about all the festivals in town. I figured I'd list them in case any of them interested ya'll. Obviously I missed some in July so I'll start w/ September when I'll be back in town.
Sept 5-7 - Niagara County Peach Festival --- YUMM!!
Sept 20 - Lewiston Country Fair
Sept 27-28 Harvest Festival and Craft Show.
I'm most excited about the Peach festival - I'm always good with food!!! Apparently they make a peach cobbler that's to die for!!
Have a great day all!
(And by the way - I just saw on TV a Chihuahua and Lab mix. Now not to be too inquisitive but....HOW ON EARTH!?!?!?!)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I cannot believe how much laundry 2 people can generate - and how I forgot about that fact while I was working and my husband did most of it.
I cannot believe I made it home from the grocery store on my bike w/ 2 bags of ice!
I cannot believe my best friend is off to EUROPE w/o me in less than a week! And if she doesn't bring back a million pictures and stories and such I will be one unhappy camper!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
I found the library yesterday - they had a huge kids program going on and one of the kids had the giggles so bad it made me start giggling. So funny. I had lunch at the Orange Cat w/ Danielle - they're salads and sandwiches are really good and cheap!
Then my dear husband got home about 6 (I know - SHOCKING) and we went to dinner w/ Cole and Danielle. We went to an Irish Pub here in town - I had the steelhead sandwich which is a type of salmon served open-faced. (Kt you'd love it).
Today I am waiting to see when someone will come to look at the light fixture, and going over to play w/ Danielle's fluff-ball dog. Her name is Sophie, she's only a year old and this way she doesn't have to be alone for 12 hours while Cole is at work since Danielle is flying out this morning. Yay! An animal to play with!! :-) I plan to take a book and hang out there awhile so she has someone to play with.
Hope everyone has a good day!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Ten movies you’d watch over and over: Van Helsing, Bring It On, 10 things I hate about you, Transformers, Bad Boys, Armageddon, Hope Floats, A Man Apart, Coyote Ugly, Constantine.
Nine people you enjoy the company of: my honey, Kt, Mom, Dad, Brenda, Monica, Amy, Jackie, Valerie.
Eight things you’re wearing: Grey t-shirt, capris, scrunchie (don't gripe Kt, it's hot in here and I don't have the air on), glasses, invisiligns, unmentionables - and apparently you don't wear 8 things unless you layer or have shoes and socks on!
Seven things on your mind: When will he get home? Am I getting spoiled having cable? How many minutes do I have left on my cell phn? What is WRONG w/ mom's phone? What will we want for dinner? I want a cat! Why do we keep getting apts that are next door to smokers?!?!
Six objects you touch every day: Toothbrush. Laptop. Cell phone. Fridge. Comb. Dishwasher.
Five things you do everyday: Fuss w/ my hair. Drink coffee. Wonder when he's getting home. Play on the internet. Be amazed at the temperature difference here!
Four bands or musical artists that you couldn’t live without: Sugarland! Brad Paisley. Miranda Lambert. DC Talk.
Three of your favorite songs of the moment: "All I Wanna Do", "Last Name", "Gunpowder and Lead".
Two people who have influenced your life the most: Mom and Dad (I think they count as one) and Monica.
One person who has been nice to you today: Brenda - I've done nothing but gripe all day and she not only agreed but calmed me down and helped me feel better!!
So I hope ya'll have enjoy the tour, it's a nice apt (altho 2 wks is enough to convince me that black carpet is a BAD idea!) Have a good day - I'm off to do more laundry....
Sunday, July 13, 2008
This is the "Horseshoe" part of the falls - it's on the Canadian side and the biggest part. If you look at the bottom of where the water is falling you see a pale shadow - that's a "Maid of the Mist" boat that you can ride. They take you so far up next to the falls that they are running their motors so hard you can see the water churn....just to stand still from the power of the water running over the falls. It's amazing - very humbling to see the amount of water and hear the roar.
So I hope everyone likes the pictures -- many thanks to Kt for talking me thru how to post them!! I had a great birthday - we went out to eat w/ some of the other work guys and one's fiancee named Danielle. We had a hard time finding a resteraunt so ended up in I'm betting the fanciest place in Lewiston - it was Italian and I had the "linguine w/ clams".... Poor husband ordered this spaghetti dish and they asked if he wanted it with the (insert a word I couldn't pronounce and had no idea what it was). He asked what it was and she said "conkfish". You should have seen his face, poor guy. They brought him just simple spaghetti and he said it was ok. I could not quit snickering tho. Then we went to one of the resteraunt/bars in town and heard a live group sing for awhile - they weren't too bad. :-)
We hung my pictures today - yay! We're all settled now - so fancy. It's really nice to see them up - they never made it up in our last place b/c we kept anticipating the move....
Hope everyone has a good week - thanks for all the bday wishes. I even was serenaded yesterday - My honey's niece and nephew Arista and Orion and some of Arista's softball teammates got on the video call last night and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. :-)