Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh what a beautiful morning.... Or not

So I went to sleep last night watching TV. Knowing snow was coming but feeling halfway resigned. I woke up sniffing smoke at 4:30. I assumed that it was just on me from me starting the fire before bed. Kept getting worse, it kept waking me up, so at 6:30 (yeah I know, I HATE getting up before I feel like it on Saturdays) I got up and went out to the hallway. Yeah, the house is filled w/ smoke. Apparently the snow/ice built up on top of the chimmney, causing the fire to back up smoke into the house. Dad had woken up, gone around and shut the bedroom doors for Mom and I, and had tried to air out the house after the snow on the chimney apparently melted. Too late. Yeah the whole house reeks. OH, and then at about 6:45 the carbon monoxide detector decided to get into the act. Except Dad thot it was the smoke detector that is way up high so we just had to put in earplugs and deal. So there I am, in bed, w/ a nest under the sheet trying to block the smoke smell (lovely headache it gave me) and earplugs to blog the screeching. I finally gave up about 7:30 and just got up to read. At 9:15 mom came out, found the carbon monoxide detector laying on the shelf by her room --- and proceeds to want to throw it out into the snow until I told her to give it to me and I removed the batteries.

Oh what a beautiful morning...........Yuck. Oh! And we have several inches of snow.

No comments: