Friday, June 4, 2010

What is it?

I told my husband I was making grilled cheese for dinner.
I made 2 topless ones (just like Dad taught me!)
I walk over to sit down to eat and this conversation took place. (Visualize much eye-rolling)

Him: "What's that?
Me: Grilled cheese.
Him: No, that! (pointing to sandwich)
Me: Cheese?!
Him: No, what is ON the sandwich
Me: CHEESE!!!!
Him: But what's the weird stuff on top.
Me: CHEESE!!!!!
Him: Oh! It's just cheese on the sandwich. Where's the top?
Me: It's not supposed to have a top. This is how you're SUPPOSED to eat grilled cheese. Just ask dad!
Him: It smells funny.
Me: Sorry mom!" (At which point I had to explain that mom hates the smell of topless grilled cheese, so he didn't think I was going crazy calling him mom!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I love grilled cheese, altho I do not make them topless.

:-)Bren